IG Markets Review
Discover our IG Markets review and start trading.
- Deposit options: Visa, Mastercard, Bank Transfer, Electronic Wallet (Skrill...)
- The spreads: Depends on your country of residence
- Free demo accounts: Up to $/£ 10.000
- Minimum deposit: 100 USD/GBP/EUR
IG Markets calls itself “an industry leader” with “efficient support” and an “easy-to-use platform.”
Based in New Zealand, IG Markets is a forex broker that has been in business since 1974. Its 40 plus years stay in the industry has given birth to 178000 clients all over the globe with access to over 16000 markets.
In this review, we look into its legitimacy, its trading platforms, and additional features. We’ll also answer the questions about the IG platform that any aspiring trader would have.
Is IG Markets A Legitimate Broker?
Before settling for any forex broker, it’s important to establish its credibility before anything else. Going by the licenses that IG Markets has to its name, it’s safe to say it’s a legit broker. Let’s look at the licenses that IG Markets has under its belt.
- A license from New Zealand’s Financial Services Provider (FSP), which is the country’s regulatory authority in charge of the financial sector.
- It is licensed and regulated by New Zealand’s Financial Market Authority (FMA).
- It is licensed and regulated by the Australian Securities and Investment Commission (ASIC), which is Australia’s financial regulatory body that allows IG Markets to set up shop within its borders.
- A license from the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), allowing it to operate in the United Kingdom.
- It has an operation permit from South Africa’s Financial Services Board (FSB).
Above are some of the licenses that the forex broker has that allows it to expand its client base in the mentioned territories. In keeping up with the regulation authority bodies’ requirements, there are certain conditions the broker needs to meet. Most of these terms focus on its integrity, mostly when it comes to client’s funds entrusted to it.
Below are some of the measures that the company has come up with to ensure the utmost integrity when it comes to its customer funds.
- The use of segregated bank accounts where clients’ funds are in a different account from the broker’s funds. In this vein, customers’ assets will never come into contact with those belonging to IG Markets. A custodian is in charge of the funds for their security.
- Ring-fencing of customers’ assets from creditors, which protects them in the event of liquidation of the company’s assets should it be in a debt crisis.
Registration and Promo Codes with IG Markets
For you to be able to benefit from IG Markets’ competitive trading environment, you need to sign up for an account. Registration is a simple affair, and the first step is to pick your desired account. There are two account types, mainly the demo and live accounts. Under the live account, there are four account types that you pick according to your trading volume, expertise, and mode of trading. These are the personal account, corporate and trust accounts, self-managed super fund (SMSF) accounts, and joint accounts.
Pros / Cons
- Leading CFDs broker
- More than 17.000 markets
- Live Trading lessons
- Daily financial news and analysis
- No promo code available
- Not available all around the world
The demo account is a valuable trading tool if you are new to forex trading. It serves as a training tool to orient you to the world of forex trading. With a demo account, you can experiment with various trading strategies and even come back to refresh your skills at any time.
Signing up for the demo account is simple. All you need to do is fill an online form with your personal details. Key in your name, email address, country of residence, and finalize by clicking on ‘try our demo,’ and you are good to go.
The procedure is the same as a live account. Once you fill the online form, you wait for the verification code from the contact you provided. Registering for the live account is instantaneous – once you fund your account, you are good to start trading on IG Markets’ trading platform.
Check our page dedicated to IG Markets promo codes and no deposit bonus to know more.
With IG Markets, you get access to these perks:
- Access to over 16000 markets.
- Decent spreads from 0.4 pips.
- Minimum trading amount of $1.
- Generous commissions.
IG Markets occasionally runs reward programs to enhance traders’ experience. At the moment, it has a refer-a-friend scheme where you get referral credits upon the successful referral of a new customer who signs and executes trades with the broker.
The following are some of the other features you may come across when using IG Markets’ online platform.
At the moment, cryptocurrency trading is the in-thing in finance. Since cryptocurrencies infiltrated the financial market, many brokers have picked them as the next digital class, and IG Markets has not been left behind. Once you have your IG account with enough funds, you can start executing trades on various crypto coins such as Bitcoin, Ripple, Litecoin, and Ethereum.
News and Trade Ideas
IG Markets offers news and trade ideas to help you understand the markets better and to get a grasp of events that are taking place. As such, you can make more informed trading decisions and avoid risks.
The Economic Calendar
An economic calendar is a tool employed by traders to stay on top of market-movers such as a change in monetary policies, economic indicators, etc. By utilizing IG Market’s economic calendar, you can make better-informed trading decisions.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Is The Maximum and Minimum Amount That I Can Deposit To My Account?
IG Markets lets you deposit a maximum amount of $50000 if funding via debit/credit card. If depositing larger sums, the broker only allows funding via bank transfer. The minimum amount you can deposit is $450 via card.
How Many Account Types Does IG Markets Have?
IG Markets has two account types – the demo and live accounts. Under the live accounts umbrella are the corporate account and the joint account.
How Can I Sign Up For An Account At IG Markets?
Signing up for an account is an easy process. All you need to do is to fill up an online form with your details, and you are good to go.
IG Markets features some of the best trading platforms that ensure you execute your trades as seamlessly as possible. Below are the trading platforms that this online forex broker offers.
Web-Based and Desktop Trading Platform
The web-based platform is easily accessible through your desktop browser. It provides a smarter way for you to execute your trades, with simplicity being its first priority.
The following are some of the features of the web-based trading platform:
- Easy to customize according to your preference with two theme modes to pick from – either light or dark.
- A smart setting option that remembers your previous deal sizes.
- Access to a broad range of indicators and drawing tools.
- Access to financial market news
To take advantage of the growing use of mobile phones, IG Markets has a mobile trading platform. You can access the application from the various download sites for android and IOS, respectively. The features of the mobile trading platform are as follows.
- It is secure, featuring a 256-bit SSL encryption.
- Free to download.
- It is compatible with both android and IOS operating systems.
- It gives you access to market data and analytical news.
The MetaTrader 4 Platform (MT4)
The Metatrader 4 is one of the go-to trading platforms that a vast majority of brokers have integrated on their platforms. The MT4 comes with a ton of excellent features, including:
- Plenty of charting and drawing tools to aid you in trading.
- Access to financial market news
- Easily customizable charts.
- Allows for automated trading
The Advanced Trading Platform
The advanced trading platform is the other platform you can try out when you sign up with this broker. So, it gives you access to the ProRealTime feature as well as allowing the connection of your front end solutions to its dealing products.
The advanced trading platform also lets you trade CFDs without intermediaries with access to full market depth and access to dark liquidity pools.
IG Markets came to be in 1974 with the primary goal of offering the best forex trading facilities. From its baby steps some decades ago, it is now one of the largest online brokerage sites with a client base figure heading to the 200k mark.
At the moment, its growth has led to the formation of fifteen offices across five continents. Some of the offices are in Denmark, Ireland, South Africa, Singapore, and many other countries. It is one of the legitimate brokers around that guarantees you the safety of your funds when you sign up with it.
IG Markets is one of the best online forex brokers that you can come across. It operates on the principle of customer satisfaction, which is evident from its broad range of products and advanced trading platforms fitting for today’s fast-paced trading environment. We recommend this broker for its time-tested duration in the industry and the high-level security it accords customers funds.